服务信息
楼主: acc-vision
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[贷款服务] Vision Accounting Firm 会计培训,实习; 会计服务;购房银行贷款

[复制链接]
 楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-8-17 09:13:25 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,
Hope you are well.
Just a quick update of the interview feedback from Min. Min is quite active with job searching and he got a couple of interviews with public practice firms. They are still in processing but he did not bad. Wish him best luck.
I remember first time when I did reference for him with a recruitment consultant, the agent mentioned Min was so nervous and almost shaking. But now, you can sense Min is so confident to handle interviews. That’s the time Min secures a role.
Those roles Min interviewing with were graduate accountants. The interview questions were not difficult. Just some general interview questions like, tell me something about yourself and what are you doing in Vision Accounting. The beauty of taking interviews for graduate accountant role is they don’t expect you have strong technical skills as long as you are keen to learn, a fast learner, motivated, working hard, humble and having good communication skills. Try to prepare for answering behavior questions related to those topics.
I notice a lot of trainees are really interested in working in public practice firm. Set up your goal, put up your mind on it and work hard towards it. It might take time, but do not give up.
Enjoy your weekend and talk soon.
Rachel Hao
 楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-9-13 09:11:48 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,
Please join me in congratulating Tina successfully secured a junior accountant role in a medium size company. She has started her work this Monday.
She is a graduate and only got experience with Vision Accounting. However, in the reference check, the employer mentioned they do appreciate her background in finance industry overseas. If you had any office, finance and accounting related work experience back in your country, please feel free to add them in your resume. Plus the local experience with Vision Accounting, you will have more chance to kick start your career in accounting industry.
Tina will send me more feedback to share her job hunting experience with all of us. I will forward it to you as soon as I receive it.
Wish her all the best for her career.
Regards,
Rachel Hao
 楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-9-19 21:42:26 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
本帖最后由 acc-vision 于 2012-9-20 09:33 编辑

Hi all,

Another piece of good news from one of our trainee Kerry. She successfully secured a role as Assistant Accountant in a service company. Congratulations to her!

It’s not surprised for me as she has a mature character with strong accounting skills. And she’s always been humble and kind to everyone. In the reference check yesterday afternoon, the employer focused on asking questions related to initiative, problem solving and technical skills. That’s really the thing employers are looking for.

She’s send us her job searching experience. Please seriously read through it and learn from it.

Wish her well in any future and endeavors she will take.

Regards,

Rachel Hao

0451 944 868

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: job hunting experience
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:32:57 +1000
To: [email protected]

Dear all,

Here are my experience to get the interview:

l         When I was looking for the job in SEEK, I was not only looking for the accounting position under the accounting category, but also Administrative & Office support  category. This AA position was posted under Administrative & Office support category.

l         Do not bother to write the criteria when the company required. Most of job seekers do not like to spend time on criteria so the chance to get interview is higher when we do that.

For the interview, the employer asked me lots of questions according to the job requirements. For example, if the customer does not want to pay to us, what would you do? (Account Receivable). So practice interview questions more according to the job requirement.

When they ask me some specific job I have not done before, I just tell them the truth because they are professional accountant and they can tell I was making the stories or not, but try to give other working experience example related to that job. For example, they asked me “Have you done the fund investment before.” I said No. But I gave them example the accounting projects for the company engaging in security investment.

Hope you all get the desirable job soon!

Please find the attached criteria example for your reference.

Regards,

Kerry

楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-9-20 08:34:38 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
本帖最后由 acc-vision 于 2012-9-20 09:32 编辑

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE EMAILS FROM VISION ACCOUNTING, PLEASE REPLY THIS EMAIL WITH “UNSUBSCRIBE”. THANK YOU.

Hi all,

Please join me in sending many thanks to Tina.

As you may know, she secured a junior accountant role and has started her work last work. Below, she shared her job hunting experience with us. It’s such helpful. Please take time to read it and hopefully you can use her experience in your job searching.

Wish her all the best. Again, please do not give up for chasing your goal.

Cheers,

Rachel Hao

0451 944 868

Subject: Repeat.Thanks Rachel.Interview feedback from Tina
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 17:26:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Dear Rachel.

How have you been after repeat training session 10? I firmly believe that you are working hard to help all of trainees to get starting job in Australia.

I would like to say a million thanks to you for providing detail course training and mentor supporting.

Last Tuesday, I got an offer straight away after your reference check for me so I would like to share my interview experiences with you and others trainees. It is a service company has 30 branches in New South Wale and Queensland. My position is Junior Accountant in the permanent fulltime base. Majority of my role is Bank Reconciliation and assist A/R, A/P, FA when I am familiar with large volume of daily bank reconciliation.

I found this job information on SEEK .com, private advertisers in Gold Coast Region.
This company advised quiet straight forward that it is a challenge position with large amount of transaction.
First run interview was with company accountant, my future boss, in the head of office for half hour. The interview was quiet relax and went through straight forward. She asked me list of questions.
1.      The first couple of questions relate to behavior questions that you have been mentioned in the training session and email so I have prepared them regarding myself.

2.      After it, I said I got experience in Vision Accounting as part timer and now I am looking for a full-time position that I can bring my previous finance working experience overseas to become my starting fulltime accounting job in Australia.

3.      She asked me what the different work in firm and bank? I said, generally, there is no much different, customer service. In Vision Accounting, majority job is bookkeeping as junior accountant. I really appreciate my Senior Accountant has been taught me a lot and she still considers my job searching and sends me email regularly.

4.      She mentioned about we are commercial environment. I said I will adopt any culture environment easier.

5.      She asked what type of job I like best in Vision Accounting. I said Bank Reconciliation as I am good and sensitive with number then A/P and FA.

6.      Regarding Accounting principle, she asked me a very simple question what the different between cash and accrual base for journals entry. I just said an simple example.

The last step, I showed my Current Policy Check and overseas Resign Letter. The only reason I would like to prove my honest and keen to get this position. After two days, she called me for 2rd run interview to arrange the time with her accounting team.

In the second run interview, most likely social chatting with her 6 staff members for around 20 mines. I think the purpose for this interview that they just want to know I can adopt into their culture as it is a team work. Afterward, Company Account asked me to provide referee and will discuss with her team then let me know next day.
Generally, my tips for applying job I usually looked job description first then ask myself that” Am I able to pass potation time if I receive an offer” If it is YES, then applied it and saved the job description into draft email. The Subject would be” Date of applies, position, location and company name”. Every morning, I read through those emails that I have sent within a week. Even though I only applied around 5 emails every day, I knew each job when I got phone call. I spent more time on interview preparation and daily review training material, MYOB and Excel skills. I tried to perform my best in each interview. After interview, I would know I suit the job and placement culture or no. By the way, one more tips that I always bring one to two supporting documents with me for each interview to prove my ability and dress my special.

Rachel, thank you again for your positive reference feedback so that I can get the position straight away. Last week, the Company has signed a permanent fulltime position with me and has done induction. I started this position this Monday.

Anyhow,all the best to all of trainees and believe own self and the useful training sessions.

TINA
16h Sep 2012

楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-10-2 21:09:02 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,

Please join me in congratulating Lin who has secured a graduate accountant position in a medium size company and sending our thanks to her for sharing her experience with us.

The company provides full on training and support of studying CPA.

Hope you can learn something from her success.

And wish you all have a nice long weekend.

Cheers,

Rachel

Subject: Lins interview experience
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:18:42 +1000
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Hi Rachel,

A million thanks to you for your help on my job searching. I will not be able to get the job without your help! I cannot say enough thanks to you! You have been such a supportive mentor! I can only say that it was such a good decision to have the internship with Vision Accounting! I will start on 8 October and I will get my contract tomorrow.

I do not have a lot of experience on interviews as I have not had many. But I would like to share the questions I was asked as they were quite tough and the interview lasted for one and a half hour.

The lady interviewed me is my current employer. She did not look at my résumé during the interview as she said most of people exaggerate in their resumes. She first asked me what my idea about this position and then she introduced me what the position was about. Then she asked me if it is really what I wanted. I answered her very confidently that I really like the position and gave some reasons. I think reasonable reasons why you want to work with them is very persuasive to the employer that you know what you want and you have your own ideas. Not just apply for it because it is a JOB.

I will list the questions I was asked below as there were quite many.

For behavioral questions:

What do you know about us? Do a little research about the company and find out what is the special part of it and highlight it.

Tell me what your strengths are?

What is the biggest mistake you made and how did you solve it?

What is your biggest weakness?

How do you describe yourself?

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

How do you keep you work on track?

How do you deal with people you will work with? How do you overlook their behavior? As my role is to be trained to supervise the accounting team in the future, management skills are important if you have some. I said communication is the most important thing working in a team. Dealing with people you need patience. So I gave an example that I dealt with difficult customers to show I am patient. Giving examples are important. It can show that you are good with communication as well as showing your skills. I also talked a lot during the interview, kind of like chatting with her. It can relax yourself and let the interviewer know you more. We talked about our life, immigration and many personal matters. But I always made sure that what I said was positive for her to know what kind of person I am and was able to give me credit, because after all I was still in the interview.

What inspires you?

What was the worst situation that you had to make a decision and how did you do it?

What do you want me to remember you? This was the last question I was asked. Be a bit funny. Aussies like joking whenever they can. they always like to work with fun people instead of boring ones. so show them your sense of humor. Before I made a list of my personality, I said well, I know what I hope you not to remember. I hope you DONOT remember me talking too much.

Always think for a couple of second when you are asked a question instead of making the interviewer feel you have prepared before just like everybody else.

For technical questions:

What accounts do you think need to be closed at the end of month? Apparently I was the only one got it right from all the people she interviewed. Again, reviewing what we learnt at the classes with Rachel is really important!

Your excel skill, including vlookup, pvtable, formulas, what is your level? I had an excel test after the second interview. Almost all of the functions tested were covered during the training classes with Rachel.

When you find out the signature on the invoice received was not the authorized person, what do you do?

I am sure there were more but I can only remember these many.

During the second interview, I met the owner of the company. Most of the time we were just chatting. But try to fit in the conversation. Do not keep quiet! Tell them your owner experience on what they are talking. I know it is hard for us because of the language barrier. But you can use others people's experience but being able to communicate is very important.

why do you want to work with us? This is a tricky question. I focused on the position description and the size of the company. I said I have more opportunity with medium sized company and can grow with it which I cannot in a large company.

What's your future plan?

Why do you want to leave your current job?

One more thing I think it is very important is at the end of interview, they always ask if you have any question for them. Always ask some questions. It shows your positive attitude and you are really interested in the position. You can find some on the Internet. I asked what's the plan for the accounting team and what's your expectation to me in the position after 6 months if I get the position. I was surprised how much info I got from this question.

That was all about my interview. I hope it can help all of you to get an accounting job! All the best guys and thank you again for everything Rachel!

Best wishes

Lin

楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-10-19 08:40:39 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Good morning all,

Please join me in congratulating Crystal and Selena secured collection officer roles in same company.

Trainees of Vision Accounting might still remember that in the first training session, Accounts Receivable, I mentioned Collection officer role is not really a good start for your career because there is not much accounting skills involved. The reason I recommended them to take the offers because the employer said within their company they did promote their collection officers to finance roles. And collection responsibilities will be a big challenge for them. If they can perform well, it’s definitely approval of their communication skills.

Selena was surprised she could secure the position as she wasn’t interested in this role at the beginning. She only would go for the interview to accumulate her interview skills. She wasn’t nervous at all. That’s why the interview went smoothly and easily.

I did expect Crystal and Selena would kick start their accounting career shortly after the training course because both of them are serious for the course. They could do their homework properly and brought questions in. I never doubt about their practical skills.  

Wish them all the best and if anyone is taking interview or has worked in accounting position, please let me know. I appreciate if you can share your experience with us.

Cheers,

Rachel Hao

0451 944 868

楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-10-19 08:49:26 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,
As you might know, Crystal and Selena have started to work as their collection officers.
When I did reference check, the lady mentioned about their previous experience as sales. If you have part-time, non-accounting related experience before, please quote them in. Also, people have achievements in other areas as hobby, please add in your resume as well. You never know what employers are interested in. We will help you to polish your experience so that it will guarantee you interview opportunities.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Cheers,
Rachel Hao
0451 944 868
www.visionaccounting.com.au
 楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-10-19 08:50:01 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
本帖最后由 acc-vision 于 2012-10-19 08:50 编辑

Hi all,

People always enquired how to kick start their accounting career. I would say first is about practical skills, second is about reference on your resume, last is good timing.

In accounting job market, usually February and July are peak time. However, are you ready for the coming opportunities? Have you got your practical skills and reference?

Vision Accounting is organizing the last round of training course before December holiday. If you are still struggling with job searching with no response after you apply for jobs, please consider to spend some time to improve your practical skills.

Below is the training course list:

Bookkeeping

Session 1: AP

•Accounts payable control procedures in a corporate environment.
•Practical skills required for accounts payable officer – batching, matching, coding tax invoices.
•Data processing in MYOB.
•Organize payment with M-Power function of MYOB.
Session 2: AR

•Accounts receivable control procedures in a corporate environment.
•Sales processing in MYOB.
•Payment collection.
Session 3: Reconciliation.

•Credit card reconciliation
•Bank reconciliation
Session 4: Payroll

•Payroll.
•Superannuation.
•PAYG withholding tax.
•Payroll tax processing.
•Employee termination.
Session 5: BAS

•GST reconciliation.
•BAS.
•IAS processing.
•GST clearing journals after BAS lodgement.
Assistant Accountant

Session 1: FAR Management

•Fixed asset allocation.
•Fixed assets register updating.
•Fixed assets disposal.
•Journal processing.
•Fixed assets related accounts reconciliation.
Session 2: Prepayment and accrual

•Prepayment- prepayment reorganization, spread sheet updating, journal processing.
•Accrual – accrual journals and reconciliation.
Session 3: Other Balance sheet item reconciliation

•Other Balance sheet items reconciliation – GST, PAYG and superannuation.
Session 4: Reports analysis, foreign currency transactions and intercompany transactions

•Profit & loss report analysis.
•Foreign currency gain and loss.
•Intercompany transactions.
Session 5: Budgeting and forecast, cash flow forecasting and planning and audit assistance

•Budgeting and forecast.
•Cash flow forecasting and planning.
•Audi assistance.
Assistant Management Accountant

Session 1: Inventory control procedures

•Set up SKU and inventory items in system.
•Inventory purchase and sales processing.
•Inventory reports analysis.
Session 2: Inventory related accounts management and reconciliation

•Inventory accounts reconciliation.
•Inventory adjustment and revaluation.
•COGS accounts management.
Business services/ Public practice

•ATO Payment Analysis
•BAS Reporting & Practice
•Basic Double Entry Theory & Practice
•Partnership Accounts & Tax Return
•Advanced Double Entry Adjustment, Reconciliation & Practice
•Company Accounts & Tax Return
•Division 7A issues and Case Analysis + Practice
•FBT Calculation & FBT Return & Practice
•Franking System & Practice
•GST analysis & Practice & Annual GST Return
•Trust Accounts & Tax Return
•Capital Gains Calculation and Treatment on Various entities
•Basic Individual Tax Return
•Comprehensive Individual Tax Return
•Group Structure Accounts & Tax
•Basic Tax Planning
•Resume & interview guidance

Note: the list above includes all courses we provide. For your individual schedule, please refer to the course you enrolled.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0451 944 868.

Rachel Hao

Vision Accounting

www.visionaccounting.com.au

楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-11-14 22:01:18 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,

Good news from three of our trainees in last couple of weeks.

Michelle secured a graduate position in an accounting firm. She just finished her training in one week and only went through two interviews. Well done. She has started her job last week. Michelle said the interview was in a casual way.  The reference check was quite straight forward. The employer only asked how is her technical skills, computer literacy and if she can work under less supervision.

J.J. will start to work in a family business on Monday. Like Michelle, J.J. hasn't been waiting for too long to secure the position since she finished the training, maybe about one to two weeks. I still remember how stressful she was for her job searching when she first started the training as she has been graduated for almost one year. But good thing for her was she could learn from mistakes of interviews she has been through. She knew she couldn't secure a position because she was lack of solid technical skills. So she did work hard to achieve those skills through the training. The first round face to face interview took her 2 hours and second one even about 4 hours. Without solid technical skills and good communication skills, she wouldn't secure the position.

From J.J.’s experience, if you have been through some interviews, please summarize the reasons why you can’t be successful. Please do not tell me the only reason is you are not lucky. We can’t rely on luckiness.

Crystal has secured an Assistant Accountant role. You might know actually Crystal did get a collection officer role a couple weeks ago. However, after that she got this interview and she nailed the position. Obviously, AA position is a lot better than the collection officer as there will be a big challenge and improvement for her skills, at the same time, a step up of her career. I am so happy and proud of her achievement. She is one of the most impressive trainees of Vision Accounting. On top of her high GPA and good communication skills, she is passionate about what she is working on and appreciated other’s suggestions.

Interviews are all about showing your skills and personality. You need to work out how you impress the interviewers. We can sharp up our skills through intensive practical training and practice. In terms of personality, firm hand shaking, confident tone when you talk, and a warm nice smile might help.

Please join me in congratulating those girls again and wish them all the best for their career.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Rachel Hao

0451 944 868

楼主| acc-vision 发表于 2012-11-19 07:04:43 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,

Please join me in congratulating Selena secured an assistant accountant role in a mining company.

She actually got a collection officer role a couple weeks ago. She resigned from this position after one week she stared as she clearly knew this role wasn’t the one she wanted. Then she concentrated on searching jobs which were more accounting skills involved. She did it! Her experience proved again, if you put up your mind on it, you can achieve it.

Selena is such a brave girl and with that, she did work hard towards her goal.

We all wish her best for her career.

Below she shared her job searching experience with us. Many thanks to her. Please take time to read her email.

Cheers,

Rachel Hao

0451 944 868

Subject: Interview feedback
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:25:34 +1000
To: <[email protected]>

Hi Rachel,

I've already successfully secured a accounting role with a mining company and starting the new job on the following Monday. I would like to say big thank you to you and I do appreciate the time and efforts you've been puting in during the training. Without the experience you have provided to us and your hard-working, I couldn't get this job opportunity and be able to successfully secure this role. Thank you, thank you and even more...

Besides sharing this good news with you I also would like to share a bit more regarding job hunting with other students.

•Practical experience - this is a must have element for job searching. Even though you are going for a junior/graduate accountant role, you'll notice that employers are still hoping you are the one with some local experience in accounting field.

•Resume - this is the first impression you are going to leave with your prospect employer so you must get it professionally done. For those who have done a great job on your study, definitely put down your exceptional GPA which will highlight your application and leave a impressive impression to your future boss.

•Job searching on public resources - this is a leading path to your future success. I would suggest people to do this part wisely and in quanlity but not in quantity. I've always been hearing people complainting how many jobs they have been applying for each day but with nothing in return. You got to know you have to apply for the right job instead of applying for every single job posted on Seek. So you need to read the Job ads carefully and see how many skills you have matched up with job descriptions. if the percentage is over 70%, then apply. and you will have a high possibility of chance getting an interview with employers.

•Phone manners - now you possibily getting some phone calls from employers for a short telephone interview. Always ansewer the phone in a professional way and  talk with a smile on your face because your positive and up tone will convey to the other end of the wire.

•Before the interview - practice possible interview questions as many times as you can. If you have flatmates, do some role plays with them.

•During the interview - Be confident, positive and yourself. Think before you say and when you say please make sure it's in a firm tone. Don't be shy to share your personal experience during the interview and to show how much courage you have taken to make a change in your life and how hard you have been working in a different culture.

Well, above are the experience I would like to share. I wish the others all the best in their job search.

Cheers,

Selena

免费顶贴24小时

扫描左侧二维码

回复置顶码: 267287

〓 房产买卖平台 〓
〓 整租租房平台 〓
〓 生意买卖平台 〓

Copyright @ 2019 BrisbaneBBS.com. All rights reserved. User Agreement

分享本页

客服号

公众号