| 微信 : ozyoyodotcom 联系邮箱 : [email protected] 开启辅助访问 | 开启辅助访问 DIY
服务信息
楼主: paopao
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[会计税务] ☆Florian Partners 退税报税,会计帐务培训 悉尼,布里斯班,黄金海岸常年招生☆

[复制链接]
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-6 16:40:16 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
The second interview was conducted by finance manager and company's Managing Director. They prepared 2 pages journal entry tests. It covers topics like Gain or Loss on Foreign Currency Exchange, Accrual, Deferred Tax Assets
and Liability, sales and accounts receivable, Prepayment,
GST etc. They also tested my SAP and QuickBooks skills in computer.

I am very excited about this amazing opportunity and feel that it's going to be a good
progress of my career. I attend in level one accounting training in Florian and I feel
that everything I learnt from the class is a great help for me to
pass my interview. I am not scared of
any technical
or behavior question anymore. Although I still have 3 months probation time in the new company, Florian’s accounting and practical training improves my confidence greatly to start this challenging position.

Thank you again.
Ida
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-7 11:31:30 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi Coco,

I’m so glad that I got my first accounting job and had successfully passed my probation period.
Your well designed training course really boosted my opportunity to start my professional career!
Many many thanks!
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-11 16:08:12 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi Coco
About my experience, I had a lot of interviews so far, some interviewers are very prepared and some dont ask too many questions so it is important to make as many questions yourself
There is a few behavioral questions that I had quite a few times on interviews
Tell me about a time when you:
-Improved efficiency in your work
-Had a problem to meet a deadline
-Solved a problem
Answering this question with a specific examples and with confidence is important.  
I hired a professional to remake my resume, and later on, i had some assistance in how to perform better in interviews.  It cost a little bit of money but it did help me in getting more calls, and to be more prepared for job interviews so I think it was a good investment.
I think the program was very useful and Kydie have been always very helpfull to answer any questions I may have and provide support on the internship.
I hope I had some good news about the job very soon.  Thanks Coco.

Regards,
Gonzalo
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-13 14:52:24 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Great news!!!

Florian Accounting has created an Interview Tigs Blog,

http://florianaccounting.blog.com/

Welcome to post your interview questions and we will come back with a suggested answer so everyone can benefit from that.
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-14 15:13:14 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Accounting training and internship!!!!!
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-25 10:56:29 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Dear Coco,

First of all I would like to thank you for your kindness and for doing the reference check for me so that I can secure this role. I would like to thank Kydie as well for her help during the internship. I have been through two interviews which I would like to share with everyone.

The first one is also the one I got offered is Accounts Manager which is basically doing everything in Accounts. I have been through three interviews and a trial before them giving me this offer.

The first interview was a phone interview by the HR manager. Questions she asked were as follows:

1.    Have u experience any other accounting software? How about SAIG (which is commonly used in London)?

2.    What is your career goal? ( I told her that I would like to become a qualified CPA)

3.    Do you have any sales experience?

4.    The job also includes PA to the owner, ordering meals, booking for flight ticket, so do you think you can handle them as well?

5.    Have u ever experience in any foreign currency transactions?

Then she asked me for reference check, which was a bit strange procedure.

I find follow up is very important as in this job hunting experience I almost followed up every step.
So one week after the phone interview and reference check, I called the HR again and got a face to face interview.
Questions involved in the face to face interview were:

1.    Tell me about yourself?

2.    In this role, it would be only you as an accounting person, how would you do if something is new to you?

3.    If we have the cashflow problem, which we couldn’t get enough cashflow for this week, however,
we have a bill due this week and the supplier was asking for the money, how would you do?

4.    How far are you away from becoming a CPA?

5.    Any questions you want to ask me?
(I asked a few accounting related questions which she was not quite sure about the answers, but she said I could ask the accountant next time.)

One week after, I called her and followed up again, then she arranged the final interview with the owner and the accountant.
The last interview went on very smooth, I asked the accountant a few accounting and work related questions before I met the owner.
Then the owner and I discussed a few marketing and international business issues which I had exposed to during my bachelor degree studies.

The second interview was Assistant Accountant position in a Charity association and I was interviewed by the Financial Director, and HR manager.
I didn’t make it successfully, however the feedback they gave me was very helpful.
They praised my resume, my interview performances and my personality;
however, as my lack of experience was a vital drawback for that position, they ended up with selecting someone else with more experience.

They had this 3-page questions list to ask during the interview.

1.    Run me through your resume. (This is similar to the question like: tell me about yourself.)

2.    What financial functions have you done during your FA experience?
(I told them I do AP/AR on daily basis, monthly Credit card and bank reconciliation, month end preparation: FAR, Prepayment, Accruals/ BAS.
Also exposed to Cost centre and P&L analysis)

3.    Have you experienced in GL Reconciliation? How far have you been exposed to GL reconciliation?
(FAR, Prepayment, Bank reconciliations, and credit card.)

4.    What do you know about GST?
(I told them in FA we deal with GST, FRE, N-T, and INP transactions. I also told them how to calculate the GST and PAYG on BAS.
This question was out of my expectation so didn’t answer well).

5.    How do you get the data for your BAS lodgment?
(GST Summary report in MYOB and Payroll summary report from MYOB.)

6.    What are the things that you like most and dislike most in your current job?

7.    What would you do if your colleagues’ mistake has impact on your work?

8.    What is your work ethic? Do you talk a lot?

9.    What would you do if your colleagues become cranky?

10. How would you make sure the financial data you are provided with are reliable?

11. What values you can bring to our organization?

12. What is your salary expectation?

I would like to encourage everyone who is still struggling looking for a job to do follow-ups because it shows how passionate you are about the job and make sure you fully understand the job descriptions before you go to an interview.
Try to sell the strengths that are matching the job description.

Finally, best of luck for everyone!

Kaily
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-26 10:35:58 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
We have answered some interview and internship related questions on our blog. They cover the below topic:
•        How to show your interest in different accounting areas in the interview;
•        Accounts Payable reconciliation related procedures
It will be really beneficial for you. If you are having the same queries in those areas, please feel free to have a look at the website.
www.florianaccounting.blog.com
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-27 08:41:19 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,

First, please join me in congratulating both Samantha Xiao & Frances Zhou for getting their new accounting jobs last week. More importantly, they both have got 2 offers so they each had to turn one of them down. They are both permanent roles. Isn’t it great to be able to be picky and choosy? Thanks girls for giving the feedback so that everyone can share the successful experience.

Just would like to encourage all of you to conduct your job hunting more diligently. You hard work will be paid off. Also, Frances is still in her professional year study, which indicates that PR is not necessarily your stumbling block. You just have to stay positive and be persistent.

Here are some new feedback from their interview process:

Technical Questions:

What is the short cut on MYOB for Accounts? – Ctrl + 1;
What is the short cut on MYOB for Sales? – Ctrl + 2;
Samantha even took a typing test – Her performance is 40 wpm and the employer is very happy with it. Well done, Sam.
Frances went through numerous rounds of practical tests regarding Payroll tax, Super employer contributions, PAYG calculation and payment;

Behavioral Questions:

Similar to what we’ve updated before, such as why you wanted to leave Florian, How you met your deadlines, etc. According to Frances, all the behavioral questions she came across have been covered in Jeff’s interview class.

Important Points to Note:

1.                   I’ve been receiving employer reference phone calls very frequently recently. To those who have gone through second round interviews, please send me an sms to notify me so that I can look out for it; - Please help me to help you out;

2.                   For those who have changed their names on their resumes after Jeff’s interview course, please let me know the name that you quoted to your future employer so that I know how to respond to it.

3.                   For those trainees who still haven’t received any phone calls or interviews, I strongly recommended you to take Jeff’s interview course. All those trainees who were called for interviews or found jobs recently have totally done up their resumes to a professional level through the course. This course will focus on your own life experience and make your resumes more tailored. That is how it can make a difference. Resumes are your sales documents, please do not underestimate it importance.

4.                   For those who received the rejection letters, please do not give up or feel discouraged. Everyone receives rejection letters and it is silly to get emotional about it. Please learn to get over it and move on quickly. That is a winners’ attitude.

Keep the positive energy flowing.

Have a great week.

Coco Hou

Senior Accountant

Florian Corporation

Syd  02 8889 4111
Syd  0412 624 948
Bne 0430 827 666

www.floriancorp.com.au
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-28 13:03:42 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi Rae,
I just got called for an interview tmrw morning for bookkeeper/accounts position, so i won't be able to make it to the fixed assets class, just letting you know in case another student wanted to attend.
It's my first interview for this type of position, do you or coco have any advice on how to handle and best prepare the interview or potential tricky questions that could be asked. I think it is for a printing company.
The positions main duties include:

bank reconciliations, chasing up creditors and debtors, general office duties.

I will re-read my class notes and previous emails relating to interviews but if you can offer anything more that would be great.

Thanks,
Kim
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2011-10-29 10:10:44 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,
Just a quick update about the interviews some of our trainees have had recently.

For the Westpac role, Frances has already gone through the first round interview. Similar to Samantha’s interview process that I updated before, a written test was also required. There were no technical questions asked, and the whole process was purely focused on behavioral questions. The details are listed below,
The written test is an apology email. Your staff or the system made a mistake which was spotted later. You are required to calm the clients and apologize for what happened;
Why did you relocate in Sydney?
Where do you see yourself in the next one year?
Are you currently proactively looking for jobs?

The above are just some new questions. For other behavioral questions, we’ve already discussed before during classes, emails and mostly interview classes.

Cat is going through quite a few interviews. They are all accounts clerk roles. She recommended going through private advertising rather than through agencies, as less commitment is often required through these roles.

免费顶贴24小时

扫描左侧二维码

回复置顶码: 221348

〓 房产买卖平台 〓
〓 整租租房平台 〓
〓 生意买卖平台 〓

Copyright @ 2019 BrisbaneBBS.com. All rights reserved. User Agreement

分享本页

客服号

公众号